Saturday, January 17, 2015

I decided to stop putting photos on this blog for a bit as I am Rio de Janeiro and everyone is photographing every moment I see about me. The people here are obsessed with the capturing of every second. So I quit.  I'm sure someone has an absurd picture of me and things here. But on that subject a young man on the boat trip down the Amazon stayed to himself. On the last day of that trip at sunrise he came over and asked me to take a picture of him. Then he took out a small canister and  dumped the contents into the brown and infinite water. We both knew he had just left the heartfelt remnants of his father in the passing stream. He said nothing I said nothing but I was happy to know that he trusted me with that moment. That might be the best photograph I will never show. Also it was his camera and I don't have it.